IIM Udaipur is the youngest IIM in the country and has recently concluded its Summer Internship Program for the First Batch of students across the country and abroad with success. The second batch of PGP-M was welcomed aboard on July 25, 2012 on our flagship management education program - PGPM – which is a transformational exercise that shapes the leaders of tomorrow. The induction ceremony was graced by stalwarts like Mr. Pradeep Bhargava, MD-Cummins Generators India and Chairman, CII Western region, and Mr. D.R. Mehta of Jaipur Foot.
Over the span of the first year of operations, the college has been involved in numerous activities, Here are some of the milestones:
1. IIM Udaipur, under the visionary leadership of Prof. Janat Shah, aims to be green and promotes the use of eco-friendly technology across the campus.
2. IIM Udaipur started off with an active Toastmasters club, Silvertongues, to enhance the communication and leadership skills of the PGP participants.
3. As a part of the Industry speakers’ series, ’Confab: By the Lakes’, we regularly invite pre-eminent personalities in the field, interacting with us on varied topics.
4. The curriculum includes several innovative and enriching experiences like Rural Immersion Program and Live Projects with various companies based locally in Udaipur and also all around India.
5. We’ve collaborated with EM Normandie, France, and FAU Nuremberg, Germany for a Student Exchange Program, and also instituted a course in International Business Practices for exposing our students to a global business environment.
6. IIMU students have made it large at national level events on various campuses around India such as IITs and IIMs.
7. Successfully procured Bloomberg terminals for setup of a Trading Lab and are in the process of finalizing the Center for Excellence in Public Policy, and Center for Excellence in Tourism at the campus soon.
IIM Udaipur is planning to organize a Leadership Summit, which would attract thought leaders and industry stalwarts on a common platform to discuss the biggest management challenges facing us today.