Please Wait ..

Forum Home > Information Technology > What is ERP? Please explain

Recent Topics

13 October 2008, 14:32   Report Abuse

Deepak

Sales Head

[ Scorecard : 959]

Hello

When should a company move from MIS system to ERP enviornment.

As ERP is seldom cheap, it good for small sized company to transit from MIS to ERP enviorment.

Will ERP take over MIS system in coming future,then how?

Views and Suggestion is called upon

Thank you

Lucifer

29 November 2008, 12:20  

Team

[ Scorecard : 50850]

Hello

I think its already over taken in SSI, No SSI will afford to work on MIS , actually ERP can be customizable , depends what is the exact definition.

ERP always depends on sector, SAP is most popular but its too costly they have to think about SSI which is biggest market for ERP.

Hope my things are usefull.

Bond

- www.isysportal.com | www.swayamsoftware.com

17 December 2008, 00:42  

aswanikumar

fico faculty

[ Scorecard : 118]

What is ERP?

Enterprise Resource Planning system is a fully integrated business management system covering functional areas of an enterprise like Logistics, Production, Finance, Accounting, Sales and Human resources etc. It organizes and integrates Operation processes and information flows to make optimum use of resources such as men, material, money and machine. ERP is a global, tightly integrated closed loop business solution package and is multifaceted

ERP promises one database, one application and one user interface for the entire enterprise. ERP system enhances a manufacturer ability to accurately schedule production, fully utilize capacity, reduce inventory, and meet promised shipping dates.

Difference between Accounting package and ERP package

Accounting package handles only individual business functions of accounts

ERP package handles the entire range of business functions of The Company.

www.sapendusers.com

17 December 2008, 00:47  

aswanikumar

fico faculty

[ Scorecard : 118]

What is ERP?

Enterprise Resource Planning system is a fully integrated business management system covering functional areas of an enterprise like Logistics, Production, Finance, Accounting, Sales and Human resources etc. It organizes and integrates Operation processes and information flows to make optimum use of resources such as men, material, money and machine. ERP is a global, tightly integrated closed loop business solution package and is multifaceted

ERP promises one database, one application and one user interface for the entire enterprise. ERP system enhances a manufacturer ability to accurately schedule production, fully utilize capacity, reduce inventory, and meet promised shipping dates.

Information is integrated within an organization

using an ERP system

Attached File : 45_saperp_ppt.ppt downloaded 905 times

15 January 2009, 17:04  

Jeck Martin

ffasjk

[ Scorecard : 21]

This is very Too sort content. have you any site which can give full information about the ERP .

I am new student . and you also know that  about the good  book of this , also tell me

hi deepak

bye deepak

Corporate Gifts

26 January 2009, 00:13  

Team

[ Scorecard : 50850]

www.sapendusers.com

29 January 2010, 09:03  

SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

FACULTY

[ Scorecard : 77]

Thanks Mr. Aswani Kumar for your nice presentation on ERP in very brief manner. 

For example; if students use all the "resources" in the form of books, study materials from sites, lectures of faculty, discussions with friends, attending seminars and updating the information from the magazines for the optimum "results" then it can be well said that they are applying "ERP."

19 July 2011, 20:00  

Dr. Imran Ahmad, JD; DBA

Business Consultant - GUEST HOUSE

[ Scorecard : 32]

I request to understand negative part at all levels in using ERP softwares in relation to losses and mal practices.

My Regards. 

29 July 2011, 09:46  

kathir_anitha

software

[ Scorecard : 26]

Thanks for sharing it's nice one...

27 April 2012, 13:53  

ajay

student

[ Scorecard : 23]

thank you sir to give a brief information  

Message thanked : 1 times

24 May 2012, 13:24  

shashi kumar

no

[ Scorecard : 22]

i want to learn this erp software or sap plz suggest me

10 June 2013, 20:13  

Saurabh Singh

Online Marketing

[ Scorecard : 26]

Hello Sir ,

I'm Saurabh Singh From New Delhi India, i' lerner of Erp. thanks for this forum, it is helpful for all.

Thanks

Saurabh Singh

15 August 2013, 12:54  

milesmaxx

Employee

[ Scorecard : 24]

Hi,

ERP is short for enterprise resource planning.Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business.ERP software typically consists of multiple enterprise software modules that are individually purchased, based on what best meets the specific needs and technical capabilities of the organization. Each ERP module is focused on one area of business processes, such as product development or marketing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Beach Condominium

15 August 2013, 12:58  

milesmaxx

Employee

[ Scorecard : 24]

ERP is short for enterprise resource planning. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business.ERP software typically consists of multiple enterprise software modules that are individually purchased, based on what best meets the specific needs and technical capabilities of the organization. Each ERP module is focused on one area of business processes, such as product development or marketing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Beach Condominium

15 January 2014, 15:59  

Ranjan Kumar

founder

[ Scorecard : 30]

What is ERP? It means enterprise resource planning, which itself means planning the resources in an enterprise (business). So, this abbreviation simply means, that this is a way of using the resources in a company more effectively. Notice, that this is not some kind of software, this is an ideology. Some companies build applications, that work according to this ideology, called ERP solutions. But there is something more there... the developers of such solutions build their application implementing some best business practices in it, and this is one of the most valuable features of ERP systems. The so called know-how is the most common thing that many of the small businesses out there lack. And this could be the difference between the successful, fast flowing company and the average company. At some point of the life cycle of an enterprise, the need of such a system becomes inevitable. The earlier managers understand this, the better. As the company grows, its control becomes more and more difficult task. An integrated solution, like ERP software, could be really helpful in this situation.