Login | Register

Please Wait ..

Forum Home > Students > ISB Press Statement: Condolence

Recent Topics

17 August 2018, 01:09   Report Abuse

Team

[ Scorecard : 48740]

Professor Rajendra Srivastava, Dean, Indian School of Business said: “On behalf of the entire ISB community, I would like to express our deepest condolences on the demise of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He will always be remembered as one of the finest leaders in the history of Indian growth story. Prime Minister A B Vajpayee inaugurated the Indian School of Business on December 2, 2001 and referred to the school as ‘Rashtra Dakshina’ in his address. He also said that the best of India is yet to come and it will come through centres of excellence like the Indian School of Business. We will continue to be guided by his wise words of advice. We join the fellow Indians and his followers in this moment of grief”.

Excerpts from the address by Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee to the ISB Community on the occasion of the inauguration of the school –

"I have no doubt that ISB will emerge as a front ranking Institutions among management Schools world-wide. I believe that the key to credibility is impartial and open competition for admissions, faculty recruitment with no influence or favour from any quarter including from business houses or government. Management should be seen as an all-encompassing need towards nation building and should not be seen as just something which is useful only in the corporate world. I extend my best wishes to the Indian School of Business and I am confident that this Institution will serve the Nation with dedication and distinction, in the years to come". 

About Indian School of Business:

Indian School of Business (ISB) is a global Business school offering world-class management education across its two campuses – Hyderabad and Mohali.