Login | Register

Please Wait ..

Forum Home > Others > how to start proprietorship firm in india

Recent Topics

09 September 2016, 00:59   Report Abuse

DEEPAK1987

[ Scorecard : 24]

I am 29 year and have started a small Printing and advertising ,design business from my residence. my business turn over not more then 1 lakh Over , service tax not applicable , the last week i have been trying to open a current account but have been unsuccessful. The problem is that all banks are asking for documents relating to municipal permissions. so it necessary to register the Sole Proprietorship firm in India?

28 September 2016, 13:19  

SWANAND DHONDSE

CEO

[ Scorecard : 22]

In India there is no compulsion to register your propritoreship business. 

However it is always a problem with Indian Banks when propritore wishes to open a current A/c with Banks as banks require proof of Business. For your case they had asked Muncipal Registration. In such case my advice will be to approach Scheduled Co-Operative Banks rather than Nationalized banks. Co-Operative banks are more liberal and cusotmer friendly. 

You can give information about your business in brief on your letterhead to the concern bank and mentioned it clearly as it is a Start Firm. 99% Co - Operative banks will allow you to open your current A/c on self declaration basis

13 October 2016, 13:37  

Santosh Arukh

[ Scorecard : 22]

Please make House agreement of your office/ Business establishment & coolect follwoing your document for applying Shop & Establishment Registration for your firm.

1) Your PAN Card.

2) Residential Proof

3) Property tax of your office/ firm where you carry out your business.

4) Application form for shop & Establishment.

5) Prepare a Proprietor ship stamp & address seal of premises

Apply registration with local authority & your will receive the certifictae within 2-3 days.

After receivng this certificate go ahead to any bank along with your all personal document as required by Bank for opening current account of your firm

15 October 2016, 10:35  

KUMUD

[ Scorecard : 33]

Hi Deepak ji,

Please tell the plae of business i.e. the state where you are doing the business?