Login | Register

Please Wait ..

Forum Home > Finance > CFA

Recent Topics

11 November 2008, 10:42   Report Abuse

Rajiv Khaneja

Manager - Credit Appraisals / Consultancy

[ Scorecard : 46]

Can anyone tell me how to go for CFA certification which is equivalent to CA/ICWA ?

Is the CFA offered by ICFAI valid ?

11 November 2008, 16:52  

Rajesha

MBA

[ Scorecard : 97]

Hi Rajiv,

CFA and CA/ICWAI are in two different area in the finance domain. CFA is related to investment banking and cporate finance. where as CA/ICWAi is related to Accounts and Audit.

First decide which domain u want to be in... Then go for it...

Further CFA from ICFAI is ok but not bad in India. But it doesnt have value outside india. Syllabus of ICFAi is excellent..

11 November 2008, 21:57  

Team

[ Scorecard : 50925]

Thanks Rajesh for the information. But kindly tell me whether the CFA from ICFAI holds a valid value in Indian Education System ..i.e. will it be valid for applying in Govt Exams ? I have seen in Govt Exam Eligibility..it appears as CA/CFA/ICWA ...just wanted to know whether they talk about same CFA from ICFAI or there is some other university in US which is conducting CFA exams.

12 November 2008, 10:00  

Rajesha

MBA

Hi Rajiv,

The CFA from ICFAI is valid and holds value in India. The Govt of India has recognised this course for the postings in governement organisations. It is considered in the RBI, Railway, Ministry of Finance. It has recognisation in Asia. But it doesnot have value in US and UK....

12 November 2008, 10:11  

Team

Thanks Rajesh for the information

12 November 2008, 17:38  

Rasiga

Forex Trader

[ Scorecard : 24]

Even i joined in CFA...but stil dint write any of the exams... Anybody there doin CFA...please giv me company in preparing...

12 November 2008, 17:39  

Rasiga

Forex Trader

[ Scorecard : 24]

Rajesh what r u doing

13 November 2008, 16:48  

Team

HI, I prepared for US CFA level - 1 as it has got more value than ICFAI CFA globally. I have some good notes. If you want mail me.

13 November 2008, 17:30  

Team

Great to hear that. Can you pls mail me to chandu10@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance 

13 November 2008, 17:36  

Team

Hello Dear ,

Kindly tell me how can one get registered with CFA (US) ? I am interested in CFA - US rather than ICFAI. Also, I would be obliged if you could send me the notes.

Regards

rajivkhaneja@gmail.com

18 November 2008, 14:27  

Team

hello sir iam interested in ur notes for CFA, can u send it to me so that i can prepare for it , and also the procedure and fee details for registration

thanking u

20 November 2008, 09:48  

anup singh

accounts executive

[ Scorecard : 21]

Hello dear All,

but the recently in India CFA (US) not allow to activate from only here , and the globally US CFA recognise the India ICFA (CFA) not valuable any how outside the India . It has only the only recognisation in India....

Thanks

22 November 2008, 19:33  

vishakha

Student

[ Scorecard : 21]

Hi, can u plz share your CFA notes and can guide us for CFA preparation

Regards,

contact.vishakha@yahoo.com

02 December 2008, 00:49  

Team

WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABT LEVEL 1 CFA.....CONDUCTED IN JUNE/DEC.....10 PAPERS ARE THERE ...MCQ QUESTIONS ONE DAY EXAM ....MORNING AND AFTERNOON  3HRS EACH.....120 QUES EACH SECTION....

04 December 2008, 15:12  

Rajesha

MBA

Hi Rasiga,

i am an MBA(finance). i am working in Oraclem as associate consultant. What about you?