Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, Noida Campus
International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX) 2017-18
Business success in India today is increasingly contingent on events and processes that take place across the globe. Firms operating in India need to compete with firms which are global in reach and expertise. With increasing globalisation of the nature and context of businesses operating in India, business managers require skills and orientation and that equip them to manage businesses across borders. Dealing with these challenges requires an expanded horizon of management thinking and leadership which can be achieved only through continuous improvement and upgrading of capabilities, skills and changes in mindset.
About IIM Lucknow and IIM Lucknow-Noida Campus
The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML) was established in the year 1984. The institute undertakes a diverse range of academic activities aimed at creation, dissemination and application of management knowledge and practice. Since inception, IIML has touched many lives directly or indirectly through its faculty, alumni and support staff. IIML moulds its students into value-driven leaders, managers and global citizens.
In 2005, IIM Lucknow broke new ground in being the first IIM to start an additional campus (away from the main campus), with the mission of Executive Education at NOIDA in the Delhi-NCR. The IIM Lucknow NOIDA Campus (IIML-NC) has developed as a centre of excellence in the area of executive education and research. The campus is dedicated to the mission of enhancing the skills and expertise of the middle-level and senior-level professional management and leadership talent pool in the country. The campus contributes towards IIM L’s vision of acting as a catalysing force in the development of leaders in management thought and education. This campus is a vibrant centre of post-graduate management education, research, consulting and corporate training. Noida provides great opportunities for interaction with leading practitioners in the industry, policy makers and thought-leaders from private and public organizations. The distinctive positioning of the IIML-NC as a leader in executive education is accomplished through long term executive education programs.
“…continuing excellence of professional managers and entrepreneurs, by providing a foundation of learning, personal growth and social responsibility to adapt to the changing business realities and prepare them for the challenges of contemporary management careers…”.
- The IIM Lucknow NOIDA Campus Mission
International Program in Management for Executives
In pursuance of the above mission, the tenth, full time, one-year residential programme will commence in April 2017 at the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow Noida Campus (IIML-NC). The International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX) is designed for mid/senior-level management professionals, and aims to prepare them for leadership roles in business. The programme is designed to impart business education that is grounded in the Indian and international business environments. It aims at enhancing the understanding of business processes at the functional and strategic levels among the participants of the program, thus, preparing them for augmented roles in managing enterprises engaged in global business.
The IPMX curriculum focuses on a strategic understanding of business, rooted in practical skill-development through action-oriented learning via projects and industry interface. A core component of the programme is a study module at one of our partner institutes located in Europe / East Asia, which provide the students with an opportunity of an international learning experience, contributing towards equipping them with the knowledge and perspective relevant to current global business issues. The programme is rigorous and rewarding. It provides an opportunity for personal development and professional growth through inquiry and insight obtained in an interactive learning environment. Noida, the hub of commercial and industrial activity, provides IIML-NC a location-specific advantage. Industry-related assignments form an integral part of the course curriculum.
The Corporate Resource Centre of the Institute facilitates in providing placement services for non-sponsored students.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives.
The overall goal of the programme is to broaden core managerial competencies to further enhance the professional growth of students. The specific objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide students with the fundamental principles of effective management of modern business organizations.
- Develop understanding of the roles and responsibilities of business managers in increasingly global nature of social and economic orders and corporate operations.
- Sharpen diagnostic and analytical skills for effective decision making in complex business perspectives.
- Sensitise students to the issues of cultural diversity and develop skills for effective management within multi-cultural work environments.
- Strengthen strategic leadership and team working skills.
- Executives with Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or an equivalent academic pursuit (i.e., 10+2+3)
- GMAT score for test taken between November 01, 2011 and October 31, 2016
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time post-qualification (after graduation) professional experience as on March 31, 2017
Note:- The Programme is open to executives of all nationalities.
The selection of candidates is based on:
- Duly filled-in Application Form along with a Statement of Purpose (SOP) (Candidates may apply online or download the Application Form available under the Admissions tab under the IPMX tab on IIM Lucknow website)
- Two letters of Recommendation
- GMAT score (for test taken between November 01, 2011 and October 31, 2016)
- Managerial and Professional Experience Certificate (a minimum of 5 years of full-time post-qualification (after graduation) experience as on March 31, 2017)
- Personal Interview
IPMX students represent a diverse group of participants
- Successful candidates include those who have worked in the private sector, public sector, government departments, and NGOs (among others), and represent various professions including medicine, architecture, engineering, defence, civil service and entrepreneurship
- Past and current students have academic training in various disciplines including science, commerce and the humanities.
- International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX) is spread over four terms.
- There are nine weeks of classes in each term, followed by an examination week.
- Teaching pedagogy focuses on case-based learning, class discussions, seminars, simulation assignments, and field projects, among others. Some of the electives may run in the workshop mode and non-credit workshops may be organized from time-to-time.
A wide range of core courses are offered by the various academic areas. These contribute to enhancing awareness, and sharpening decision-making capabilities of participants about the business environment that aid in deepening understanding of business management
||International Business Communication
||Quantitative Applications for Business
||Human Resource Management
||Written Analysis of Communication
||Management Information Systems
||Information Technology System
||Legal Aspects in Management
A wide basket of elective courses from all functional areas are offered in order to meet specific career goals of the students:
- Decision Sciences
- Human Resource
- Information Technology
- General Management
A list of electives is available on the IIML website and see under Academics IPMX Courses.
A 10-day immersive experience at one of our partner business schools in Europe/ East Asia adds to the content of the program. The International Module is designed to enhance cross-cultural experience and broaden understanding of global management challenges. The international component comprises academic courses, workshops, industry visits and interactions with industry leaders.
||Announcement of Programme (Apply Online OR download of application form from the website)
||July 15, 2016
||Submission of Complete Application
||October 31, 2016
||Announcement of Short-listed Candidates
||First Week of November, 2016
||Third Week of November-
Fourth Week of November, 2016
||Announcement of Selected Candidates
||Second Week of December, 2016
||Acceptance & Submission of First Installment of Fees
||Second Week of January, 2017
||Students Arrive on Campus
||First Week of April, 2017
||First Week of April, 2017
||Commencement of Programme
||First Week of April, 2017
The fee for International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX) is INR 20,00,000 which includes tuition, cost of course material, library, computer facilities, career counseling, student activities and mess charges, excluding accommodation charges at the IIML-NC, plus refundable caution money INR 20,000.
The fee also includes the cost of academic inputs, travel, visa and stay during the International Module. Expenses for boarding and other incidentals like local transport, internet, telephone, stationery, among others, during the International Module, is to be borne by the student.
Payment Schedule – INR 20,00,000 (Excluding Accommodation and Caution Money)
- At the time of acceptance of admission by the second week of January, 2017 – INR 1,60,000 (This amount is to be adjusted against the first installment.)
Plus refundable caution money INR 20,000, Total = INR 1,80,000
- By 15th February 2017 – INR 4,60,000 and accommodation charges as per allotment
- By June 2017 – INR 4,60,000
- By September 2017 – INR 4,60,000
- By December, 2017 – INR 4,60,000
Additionally, Service Tax is applicable, as per the rules of the Government of India.
All fees, once paid, are non-refundable.
For further information please contact
Administrative Officer, Admission Office IPMX,
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
B-1, Sector-62, Institutional Area,
Noida 201 307, (UP) INDIA