Please Wait ..
Talent Management Institute is the world's largest certification and credentialing body for HR
Jumpstart A Bright Career in Data Science
Data Scientist has become one of the hottest & lucrative jobs of 21st century. The call for data scientists is much higher than the available applicants. It has become the most sought after profile across all business industries. With the emergence of Big Data, the different roles of a data professional such as Data scientists & Data analysts are the new job titles around for a while. There are plenty of job openings with titles such as data scientists & data analysts. Being a data professional also means that you might have to wear many feathers in your hat. After all, this is a dynamic career full of admiration, exciting pay package & achievements. Those who are interested in preparing for one of these in-demand jobs as a data professional, here are the paths to getting there:
· First of all, think if you’re born to be a data scientist or data science professional. You have to get a reply to it before continuing the journey of a data scientist. The data professional has to be statistical, mathematical as well as having sufficient knowledge in business strategy skills & predictive modeling.
· Data scientists must be excellent in communicating their findings, both orally & visually. They need to understand how the products are being developed with a set of ethical responsibilities.
· The top six important soft skills required are analytical ability, exceptional communication skill, visualization & presentation skill, teamwork, strategic acumen & problem-solving skill.
· Work efficiency matters a lot for a data scientist so you have to prove yourself at every aspect of your career. Understand the business & align yourself with the business objectives of the organization by asking yourself the following questions such as how the business works, how the data is being collected, how it intends to use the data, what does it hope to achieve from the analysis.
· Learn the essential tools. Pick up any tool that you can get access. This will help you in mastering one tool & few techniques of the tool, so that you can showcase yourself perfectly for the data analyst job. Educate yourself properly. Understand the landscape of analytics & recognize your ideal data analyst job.
· Hone your skills & keep track of the latest IT trends to stay ahead of others. Learn Hadoop, Cloud Computing with AWS, expertise in NoSQL, Cassandra, Hive & HBase including programming languages such as Pig or R Analytics. These can be impressive for your career.
· Learn constantly from the other industry leaders & follow as many social media platforms as possible to get a hang on the latest data science forecasts & trend reports.
As seen, the opportunities are endless in the field of data science. Over the next few years, approximately 4.5 million jobs are going to be created for the data professionals in the IT industry. A lot of major companies such as Google, LinkedIn & Facebook are constantly on the lookout for bright talent who are willing to take a risk & step outside the box.
Tags : data scientist jobs data science careers big data education hadoop training big data training data science industry data science professional big data professional big data in education Posted under : Information Technology | Hits : 46 | Comments : 0
CHRO - A Role That Has Changed The HR Industry.
Do we realize the importance of an HR? How do they help in shaping organizational success? Well, it involves a vivid explanation. One has to agree that they play a critical role in almost all the aspects of handling a workforce. From scrutinizing potential candidates to understanding the requirements of the job, these are some typical key responsibilities of a Chief Human Resource Officer. A CHRO gets involved in all the nitty gritty of an organization and makes sure that policies, strategies, and operations of the organization are properly aligned with the individual’s goal.
Over the years, their role has evolved and got manifolds to it. A Chief Human Resource officer belongs to the same C-suite level in an organization, in the likes of Vice President of Human Resources and other chief executives. The world has seen a rise in HR leaders who have dared to break the ceiling and take corporate firms forward to achieve the targeted goal. As a matter of the fact, a company needs right people, in the right job to realize their objective. And, to keep it short, it’s a Chief Human Resource officer who pulls the right string and does the right job of placing people. In fact, their job role keeps on changing as per the latest talent trends. Measuring the success, impact, and positive change a firm has made also falls under the key responsibility areas of an HR leader.
Thanks to the arrival of the digital era, the role of a CHRO has also expanded in many new verticals. Not only hiring the right talent, an HR leader has many long term roles. Today, a CHRO has to focus on building a strong organizational reputation, by holding onto talents – giving them a prospect of a secure future. Another role that an HR leader has been burdened in modern times is of keeping pace with technological advancement. Well, with daily progress in technology and innovations in the market, the role of a CHRO will evolve and require more toil.
A CHRO has to be a true leader in all literal and technical sense. From employee development to incorporating different cultures in the workforce, HR leader outlines the organizational structure. Like a true leader, a CHRO also has to inculcate leadership qualities among the existing employee and ensure they understand the culture of the company.
In recent past, communication has become a mandatory skill for HR Leaders. They need to encourage employee engagement and establish a culture wherein all the talent co-exist peacefully. But when it comes to describing their job, it can be defined simply as the responsibility to select and develop the right talent.
The roles and responsibilities that a CHRO handles explains clearly how important people are for business. The market has seen many top CHRO’s who emerged and changed how an organization functions, they have indeed marked their presence in the HR industry. Leadership, Engagement, Human Resource Development, Culture & Diversity, are few traits that represent a successful HR leader and a great Chief Human Resources Officer.
Tags : chro hr leaders list of human resources hr list hr leader list chro top chro chief human resources officer business leaders leadership in hr leadership topics Posted under : Human resources | Hits : 86 | Comments : 0