1. First focus on listening more and more. Listening will make you familiar with English words and sentence structure. Remember children learn everything through listening and copying others.
2. Understand concepts in English language step by step. Don’t feel bad if you don’t understand concepts yourself. Find some good teacher or mentor who can teach English. I can tell you English is the easiest language to learn once you have right coaching and willingness to learn. For demo purpose watch video at following link: http://www.youtube.com/user/thesuccessvision
3. To build confidence in English practice different tone of voices. Speak 20 sentences politely, next 20 with high voice, next 20 normally and so on. Remember in your mother tongue when you want to shout you shout, you want to whisper you whisper. In English you use same tone of voice. This hampers your confidence level. Practicing different tone of voices will give you extra confidence.
4. Speak clearly and slowly. Practice tongue twisters to develop clarity of voice and words. If you speak clearly and slowly, people can easily understand you and you create good impression.
5. Watch programs where people speak English slowly. In beginning you may not understand people who speak fluently, but you can easily understand people who speak slowly. You can find many such videos on our face book page www.facebook.com/SVIIndia
6. Learning grammar can’t make you speak English. You learn speaking English when you actually speak English. In beginning focus on speaking clearly and slowly. Once you are comfortable in speaking English then concentrate on grammar and polish your English.
7. The best way to speak English and coming into atmosphere of English is to repeat your whole day. Repeat everything like what you did, what you experienced and what you discussed with others. Initially you will take 10-15 minutes to repeat your whole day and within 10-15 days you will start taking 20-30 minutes to repeat your whole day. Once you are able to speak English for 30 minutes continuously, you will automatically become confident.
Yogesh is working as spoken English and career development trainer. He helps job seekers and working professional to develop Spoken English, good communication and other soft skills like confidence, time management, Interview skills etc. His articles on communication, career and personality development have been read by more than 80000 people online. He is writer of “Speak English Like a Star” (A book meant for beginners of English).
To know more about his work you can mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sviindia.com or join him at https://www.facebook.com/SVIIndia
Watch him live http://www.youtube.com/user/thesuccessvision (YouTube channel)